A 4-star wedding, function and guest house Country Estate outside of Pretoria. In addition to this outside corporate meals and functions are also provided. It is a small but dynamic team with many years of experience providing exceptional food on an ongoing basis. This is a great opportunity for the incumbent to grow together with the business and to influence the direction and scope of service offering.
As the person responsible for kitchen produce, to co-ordinate the distribution of tasks amongst his or her teams ensuring that the work progresses as it should within the time available. Ability to work on your own and doing all tasks within the kitchen when required. No task must be too big or too small.
To prepare menus and meals in co-operation with the Executive Chef and check customer satisfaction levels by communicating with the Estate event coordinator.
- To ensure that production is correctly executed
- To ensure the quality levels of products and services
- To manage his or her staff: training, motivating and structuring the team. He or she also ensures a good working atmosphere
- To provide rigorous management: controlling raw material stocks, especially in terms of their cost
- Cooking skills: the ability to adapt your cooking style to your local environment
- The ability to manage stock, cost prices, orders etc
- The ability to manage a team: supervision, training, motivation, delegation
- Team leadership
- Good relationship skills
- Organisation and thoroughness
- Teaching skills
- Physical and mental resilience to work long hours
- A recognised Chef’s qualification such as City & Guilds
- Must be dual-skilled as manager and chef
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment (contactable references required)
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license
Please send your CV together with details of contactable references and a copy of your valid driver’s licence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Friday 23 January 2015.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the requirements need not apply and will be discarded if sent through.
- If you do not hear from us by Wednesday 28th January 2015 your application was not successful.
- Remuneration will be determined by experience and offering of the successful candidate.
- Please ensure you provide comprehensive contact details should you be short listed for an interview. Working/kitchen trials will be essential in ensuring the candidate is suitable for the pressurised environment.